Choosing the right solution shouldn't be wishful thinking. That’s why we created STAR™, the most complete system to facilitate the evaluation and selection of critical IT applications.
STAR™ can help you avoid the most common Solution Procurement pitfalls:
- Incomplete and outdated requirements become comprehensive and forward looking with STAR™’s pre-defined requirements for seven common utility industry systems
- Reliance on a generic procurement process is augmented with STAR™’s application-specific knowhow and expertise
- Dissension among the stakeholders evolves into collaboration through STAR™’s ability to facilitate solution-oriented workshops
- Confusion on how to evaluate vendor responses becomes clear with STAR™’s flexible weighting and scoring functionality
- Difficulty in gathering timely input from stakeholders is alleviated by STAR™’s intuitive web-based access that allows users across the enterprise to monitor and track the process
Introducing Five Point’s STARTM
STAR™ is a Five Point proprietary application that was built to assist our clients with complex solution procurement projects. STAR™ is web-based, which means it requires no software to host, load or maintain. Authorized users can access STAR™ from any Internet connected computer, making it extremely convenient for organizations with distributed personnel.
We utilize STAR™ in conjunction with our proven Solution Procurement Methodology to help navigate our clients through the complex process of evaluating and selecting a new system.
Our STAR™ repository maintains thousands of application system requirements for the most common utility systems:
- Customer Information Systems (CIS)
- Meter Data Management (MDM)
- Mobile Workforce Management (MWM)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Outage Management Systems (OMS)
- Systems Integrator (SI)
By providing your initial base requirements on day one of the project, STAR™ acts as an immediate project accelerator.
STARTM Simplifies Complex Evaluations in 5 Stellar Ways:
DEFINE – STAR™ begins with an industry standard set of business and technical requirements tailored to the type of utility (investor-owned, public, cooperative) and services offered (electric, natural gas, water, wastewater, solid waste, drainage and others) under a regulated or deregulated environment. These base requirements are then tailored and customized as needed to represent the utility’s present and future business needs.
DISTRIBUTE – Once the requirements are complete, they are distributed to vendors as part of a comprehensive RFP. No lengthy spreadsheets to distribute. Vendors respond to requirements on-line in STAR™ and the responses are stored real-time in STAR™.
EVALUATE – As the vendors respond, automatic scoring of systems/solutions occurs within STAR™. Evaluators review the fit of the proposed system/solution at both the aggregate and requirement category levels.
ANALYZE – As the preferred vendors emerge, STAR™ facilitates drill-down and summary reporting to assist in analyzing and evaluating proposed solutions. Trade-offs between cost, functionality and time are illuminated.
NEGOTIATE – STAR™ becomes a powerful ally in the negotiation process as it maintains an electronic record of commitments with respect to the requirements by the vendor and the systems integrator.